Wednesday 15 January 2014

Facepalm: a common expression of my feelings

     I recently posted on "Bus Etiquette". One rule I proposed was the "not changing seats" rule, in which people should not swap seat while on transit. Curiously, this happened today:

     My girlfriend and I go down the 25 every morning, early. On our way there, via the 190 Express (the most beautiful sight on Sheppard before eight o'clock), we hit Vic Park and watched as a few people left - including two, formally sitting beside each other. I have to explain, however - they were sitting at the end of a full, five-person bench, and as soon as they left, the person sitting right in the middle shifted over one seat.

     And hey, about ten people got onto the bus, and a few jumped into those empty seats.

     Now, we usually try to grab seats on the 25 because it's typically a 40 minute ride, to Pape Avenue. The 190 isn't an issue, and we don't mind standing ... but as a rule, we keep an eye open for double seats, because double seats are the shit. When one opens up, there's a three-second "let's see what happens" period.

     And in those three seconds, this person decided to jump in the middle of these three seats. Dammit. I wasn't mad, honestly. We actually kinda laughed quietly ... but my point is, if you're riding the bus, think. Use your brain. And be considerate to people who're vamping on an apple for breakfast because they needed to leave by 7:30 in the goddamn morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment